The efa2 migration for our two boat houses is done. It was some work to clean up the data from our two boat houses. The two logbooks got inconsistent over the time.
I wrote a small Python script to synchronize the the data of two logbooks. The script just copies all entries from one logbook to the other one, if they do not exist there already and vice versa. This fixed almost all of my over 200 error received during import of two logbooks from the same year. The rest was hand work. There were names written different in the two logbooks, for example. This can’t be fixed automatically.
For now efa2 runs very well in my club. There were minor problems I have to investigate further. But none of them is mission critical.
You can find the script here. Each year or tuple of logbooks needs one call of the script. So
if you have two logbooks logbook1_2012.efb and logbook2_2012.efb you have to call the script like this on Linux:
./efa_sync.py logbook1_2012 logbook2_2012. You have to strip the extension of the file name. This needs to be done,
because the script automatically opens several of the data files, which have different file extensions. The script
should work on Windows as well, but I did not test that.